Macaroni Pie is a popular Caribbean dish and is a staple in many homes in Trinidad and Tobago. There are many variations of making Macaroni Pie including with breadcrumbs or different types of pasta. Below is a very quick and easy recipe.
- 8 oz Macaroni Pasta
- 2 Eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups Evaporated milk or Semi Skimmed Milk
- 2 Cups of Grated Mature Cheese
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1⁄2 tsp Black Pepper
- 1⁄2 All-purpose Seasoning
- Boil macaroni in salted water until tender (Approx 12-15 minutes) and drain.
- Beat eggs until fluffy.
- Combine macaroni, eggs, cheese, milk, all-purpose seasoning, salt and pepper.
- Grease baking dish with butter.
- Pour into the baking dish.
- Evenly sprinkle top of pie with grated cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees F. for 20-30 minutes. The top of the Macaroni Pie should be golden brown.